Breathalyser- Alcohol Tester
or make 4 interest-free payments of $4.99 AUD fortnightly with More info
Digital LCD Breath Alcohol Tester Breathalyzer Analyser. Condition is New. Sent with Australia Post Standard Service.
Digital LCD Police Breath Alcohol Breathalyzer Analyser Tester With Keychain
DIGITAL DISPLAY ALCOHOL BREATH TESTER
1. Breath inhaler
2. Power button
3. LCD display
4. Battery compartment
5. Key chain
BAC: Blood Alcohol Concentration
0.05% BAC: refers to there is 0.05g alcohol in each 100ml of blood
1. Digital alcohol tester with audible alert
2. Range: 0.00-0.19 % BAC & 0.0-1.9 g/l
3. Quick response and resume
4. Auto power off
5. Use mouthpiece
6. Key chain
7. Use 2×“AAA” alkaline batteries
1. Slide open the battery compartment lid from the back of the unit.
2. Insert two “AAA” (UM-4) alkaline batteries with correct polarity as indicated.
3. Replace the battery compartment lid.
How to use the alcohol tester
1. Press and hold the power button for 1 second, the alcohol tester LCD will turn on with one beep sound.
2. The “warm up” symbol is displayed, and the 10 to 00 countdown is started that indicate the tester is in warm-up mode.
It always has a large number of gas & impurity adsorbed on the surface of alcohol tester, when first time taking out the tester from the packaging, or after long time no using for the tester, it need more time for cleaning and warm up the sensor, you should repress the power button and retry several times if possible.
1. The “Blow” symbol is displayed when warm-up is succeed, and the 10 to 00 countdown is started that indicate the tester is in testing mode.
2. Blow into the breath inhaler for 3-5 seconds with normal power after a deep inhalation..
3. Read the test result from the alcohol tester LCD.
4. The “Caution” symbol is displayed if the alcohol concentration is the level:
0.02% BAC (or 0.2g/l) to 0.05% BAC (or 0.5g/l)
0.05% BAC (or 0.5g/l) to 0.08% BAC (or 0.8g/l)
5. The “Danger” symbol is displayed with beep audible alert if the alcohol concentration is the level:
Over & equal 0.05% BAC (or 0.5g/l)
Over & equal 0.08% BAC (or 0.5g/l)
6. If no blow into the breath inhaler at the test mode, the LCD will display “0.00 %BAC & 0.0g/l” value.
To obtain more accurate result, manufacturer recommend you to check repeatedly 2 or 3 times.
Auto power off
After the result be display for about 10 seconds, the “OFF” symbol will appear for 2-3 seconds and the alcohol tester be turned off.
1. Contrarotate once, the mouthpiece will be loosened.
2. Replace the new mouthpiece on the right place, clockwise rotation, it will be ok.
When the tester is turned on, the LCD backlight will light until tester auto power off.
The LCD flickering indicates low power of batteries, please replace two “AAA” alkaline batteries.
* Sensor: advanced semiconductor oxide alcohol sensor
* Range: 0.00%-0.19% BAC (0.0-1.9g/l)
* Accuracy: ±0.01% BAC (0.1g/l)
* Power input: 2×1.5V “AAA” alkaline battery
* Operating time: warm up: 10s, response: <5s
* Auto power off: 1 minute approx
* Dimension: 118×70×28mm
* Environmental temperature: 5℃-40℃
-- When after drinking, it is recommended to last after 20 minutes, it is because 20 minutes is approximately for alcohol to be absorbed into blood from the digestive organs, and residual alcohol remaining in the mouth takes this long to dissipate.
-- For accurate result, do not repeat next testing within 3 minutes after last time.
-- Do not smoke and eat for 20 minutes prior testing.
-- Do not use chemicals to clean the tester directly.
-- Do not blowing liquid into the breath pipe.
-- Do not use any excitant substances near the tester, such as paint, insecticides, alcohol.
-- Do not place the tester in the closed environment with contaminated air.
-- Modifying or tampering with the unit’s internal components may cause a malfunction.
-- The unit is designed to be used as an aid to promote reasonable driving. It should not be used in anticipation of the use or operation of vehicles, machinery, or equipment. The unit makes no references whatsoever to blood alchol content or other such measures of intoxicaton promulgated by government, medical or other agencies or bodies.
Different countries have different drinking driving and drunken driving standards, generally, if the driver's blood alcohol concentration is greater than or equal to 0.02g/100ml, but less than 0.05mg/100ml, it shall be drinking driving, and if the alcohol content is greater than or equal to 0.05g/100ml, it shall be drunk driving. (In some countries, greater than or equal to 0.08g/100ml is drunk driving).
Under normal circumstances, if you take the alcohol tests immediately after drinking wine, the indicating values may be very high. However, if you take the test 20 to 30 minutes after drinking, the value may decline, but this value is more accurate, it is because that the alcohol has passed the digestion and absorption system into the bloodstream by that time. While the critical value of the traffic police officer’s punishment for drink driving is 0.02g, however, this does not mean that driving under less than 0.02g is safe. Whether if you have a big or small alcohol capacity, as long as you drink alcohols, no matter how much it is, you’d better not to drive, which is not only responsible for others, but also for yourselves.
In theory, if a man drinks 350ml (equivalent to approximately one bottle) of beer or 25 grams white wine (20ml), then his or her blood alcohol concentration will reach 0.02g/100ml. When the alcohol consumption increases to 1400ml (approximately equivalent to three bottles of 500ml) of beer or 75 grams white wine (80ml), the blood alcohol concentration will achieve 0.08g/100ml. This data has some discrepancies with the actual test results, and the reason lies in that human body has different capacities of alcohol absorption and decomposition. For the same glass of wine, someone may drink it with little feeling, while some others drink it to be dead drunk. In addition, the most accurate results by using the breath tester may not be necessarily accurate, and the most accurate detection method is through blood tests. That is why the traffic police officer must take blood tests when they are identifying drunk driving.
WHO report shows that: When the driver's blood alcohol content reaches up to 0.08g/100ml, that is, when it has reached the critical value of drunk driving, the chance of traffic accidents is 2.5 times of when there is no alcohol in the blood. When the alcohol content in blood reaches 0.1g/100ml, the chance of traffic accidents is 4.7 times higher when there is no alcohol in blood. Even under a state of a small amount of alcohol, the risk of traffic accidents will reach two times of that without drinking.
1. Regardless of whether the product is used, manufacturers and vendors will not bear any responsibility for the violations. For example: drunk driving and high-altitude operations.
2. Each person reacts differently to alcohol, so the test results are for reference only, which cannot serve as the criteria in determining the outcome.
1 x ALCOHOL BREATH TESTER